Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slow Food

While browsing around the interwebs the other day, I came across an organization called Slow Food. I read their mission statement and then looked up my local chapter. Turns out, they're doing a neat event called the "Slow Food on a Fast Food Budget" Potluck. The idea is that anyone can cook a healthy, wholesome meal with limited materials and a limited budget. I think this is awesome!

This week, my plan is to try to find some dishes that would meet their criteria. You can check out the criteria, as well as some recipes they already have by following the link I provided. I'm thinking this project should be relatively easy seeing as:

  1. I don't have any fancy kitchen appliances. I do all my chopping by hand and I don't have a fancy mixer or anything else of the sort.
  2. I consider myself to be on a pretty small budget so I already take into consideration the price of all the foods I buy.
  3. I already did the math before this endeavor on how much I spent eating out, whether it was fast food or a nicer restaurant and it is much cheaper to prepare fresh dishes at home.


Wish me luck. Hopefully I'll be able to find a few dishes to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment